Interested in Veterinary Medicine?
Here are some ways that you can get more information and learn how to become more involved in all the exciting opportunities of veterinary medicine, animal health, and animal agriculture!
Want to visit the campus?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.www.gamonie.com/schedule-a-guided-tour to learn more about how to schedule a tour for your group!
Veterinary Enrichment Camp for prospective students:
Visit the VEC page for more details!
Want to learn more about the requirements for admission to veterinary school?
- For perspective veterinary students, visit the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine: /prospective-students
- For current pre-vet students at Texas A&M, learn more through the Office of Professional School Advising (//opsa.tamu.edu/), Pre-Vet Society /organizations/pre-vet-society), or the Biomedical Sciences Association (/bsa)
- For current pre-vet students in high school
- Check out the Veterinary Enrichment Camp offered by Texas A&M Biomedical Sciences Department (/bims/future/veterinary-enrichment-camp)
- Learn more about common undergraduate majors that veterinary students choose (although any major can definitely be an option!):
- Animal Science: //animalscience.tamu.edu/futurestudents/
- Biology: //www.bio.tamu.edu/ugradinf/
- Biomedical Sciences: /bims/future
- Entomology: //insects.tamu.edu/futurestudents/index.html
- Poultry Science: //posc.tamu.edu/why-poultry-science/
- Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences: //wfsc.tamu.edu/students/undergraduate-2/
- Get involved with local agricultural events
- Volunteer at a local veterinary office
Want to learn more about animal health?
- For pet owners: visit the AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) Healthy Pet website for articles concerning common animal concerns, animal behavior tips, animal nutrition advice, and much more: //www.healthypet.com/
- For teachers: visit the PEER (Partnerships for Environmental Education & Rural Health) website for teaching resources that are specifically geared towards teaching the sciences to middle & high school students: //peer.tamu.edu/